If you are looking for a new high definition TV or a complete home audio system, youll be surprised at the deals you can find. With each passing year, technology spits out a new product and with a heavy price tag. The good news is that most of these new advances will be available just a year later for half the price. However, if you are one that needs that new piece of technology now, here are some tips to help you get the best deal possible.
1. Know What You Want– If you are looking for electronics, such as a new blue-ray DVD player, think about which make and model is best for you. There are several manufacturers to consider. Many times, pricing can vary by several hundred dollars between a top end model and the cheapest model. You might consider something mid range, so you arent sacrificing quality for pricing.
2. Compare and Save– You might be surprised to find out how much pricing can vary between stores on some items. Take the time to shop around and see if any of the electronic stores are offering sales. You could end up saving a couple of hundred dollars or more if the timing is right.
3. Make the Store Pay the Difference– Many stores now offer the lowest guaranteed price available. If you find the same product at a lower price, most stores will now offer to pay the difference if you purchase the product from them. You can also find stores that will match the price, plus give you a little more back to be sure they secure the sale. Know what your favorite stores policy is.
4. Buy the Extended Warranty- While it may seem like a lot of money up front, a warranty can save you a ton of cash if your electronics item requires repairs. Most of the current warranties are only good for a year, so consider at least buying another year of coverage.
5. Shop Online– Online stores can offer tremendous savings on electronics and accessories. You can find some sales only online and others will have reduced pricing on the rest of their merchandise. If you are buying online, be sure you are aware of the shipping and handling fees.
6. Look for Coupons- This is probably one of the best things you can do to save money on electronics. There are many online website that specialize only in coupons. These coupon sites can offer you significant savings, but not only on your item. Many coupons are also available for free shipping. If you have purchased a large TV, this could be a lot of money in your pocket.
7. Buy Direct– You may also find the prices from the manufacturer are cheaper than those offered at some of the electronic superstores. When the middle man is cut out of the picture, the savings can be really tangible to the buyer.